Unit R is a beautiful home located in the Swan’s Market Cohousing community in Oakland, CA. It is being offered exclusively to the Cohousing community. We are seeking buyers who will be a good fit; great neighbors and active members of this high-functioning Cohousing community. Swan’s Market Cohousing was completed in 2000, is self managed and residents are expected to participate in the community’s activities which include:
- Cooking a community meal once every 5-6 weeks (meals are cooked 3 times a week for all to enjoy and build community)
- Contributing to 4 (out of 10 per year) monthly work parties.
- Join 1-2 committees – They keep all our operations running smoothly
- Attend our monthly Home Owners Association (HOA) meetings.
About the unit:
- Centrally located in historic downtown Oakland
- Beautiful 2-story condo with 1 bedroom, a spacious loft and 1 bath with sunlight tunnel.
- 858 sq ft end-unit with high ceilings with window looking down the inner walkway.
- Sky lights, ample windows, lofted ceilings make it airy and light.
- Hardwood floor staircase
- Original stained concrete floors on main level. Carpeted loft.
- Radiant heat. Ceiling fan. Lots of windows
- Gated small community, off the street and quiet.
- Community amenities include common house with large kitchen, kids play room, workout room, laundry, workshop, community garden, guest room, and large patio for dining/entertaining
- Indoor cats and very quiet dogs considered.
- $589.60/month are the 2019 HOA dues which include gas, water, garbage/recycling/compost, liability and building insurance, high-speed DSL, a secured indoor parking space, 5×5 basement storage unit, use of the guest room and more. Electricity is the only utility not included and averages $35/mo, depending on usage.
- Asking price $599.000
Important Note: Swan’s Market Cohousing is et up as a condominium, so the ownership and title are identical to regular condominium ownership.
About the community:
Swan’s Market Cohousing is an urban co-housing community with 20 units and about 34 residents ranging in age from 1 to 86. We are located in the preserved and retrofitted historic 1917 Swan’s Market building in the historic Old Oakland neighborhood. All the traditional components of Cohousing are active here including common meals 3x/week, monthly work parties, and neighbors helping neighbors. Participation and engagement in the community is high. People share food, tools, time, friendship, resources, and skills.
Located on 9th and Clay, it is 2 blocks from BART, has a Walkability Score of 95/100, just about every service you can imagine within a few blocks including a grocery store, and Farmers Market sets up in the street out front on Fridays (see photos). Though urban, the outdoor space, or “Swan’s Way” central corridor is generously planted with an array of fruit trees, vegetables, and artful patio gardens.
Community amenities include common house with commercial kitchen, kids play room, workout room, laundry, workshop, community garden, guest room, solar panels, and large patio for dining/entertaining.
For more information about Cohousing, Swan’s Market Cohousing and our upcoming Open Houses, please contact the owners and Neil at firstname.lastname@example.org. For further details about the property offering, please email our realtor, Joe Reichert (CA DRE # 01828658) at email@example.com or call him at 925-323-5051.
We look forward to hearing from you, sharing more about Cohousing and our home.